WNST is pleased to announce the launch of a new one-off grants programme to support local sports clubs and physical recreation activities in LB Haringey. This scheme is funded through additional revenues that the Trust has derived from Tottenham Hotspur’s tenancy of Wembley Stadium for the 2017/18 season.
This is a great opportunity to get your club ready for the coming season or to improve the quality of the sports activities you are able to offer.
The scheme is open to any local sports club or voluntary organisation providing sport and physical recreation activities for Haringey residents. Grants of up to £2,500 are available towards the costs of:
• purchasing new items of kit / equipment to help deliver your sports activities – for example new sets of playing strip or training kit, balls, bibs & cones, new posts and nets or whatever equipment your sport uses
• funding minor works or improvements to your premises – for example, repainting, new lockers, urgent repairs (if they are your responsibility)
• the costs of establishing a new or additional activity within your club – for example an additional team or
Please note that grants cannot be used towards the costs of pitch or venue hire, volunteer expenses, training courses or any other of your organisation’s general running costs – so please do not ask us for these expenses.To be eligible for consideration, your organisation must have:
• a constitution or set of rules that shows you are a “not-for-profit” organisation ie not a commercial company
• a bank account in the organisation’s name
• a management committee of at least three unrelated individuals.
• your organisation must be either based in LB Haringey, or if located outside the borough, already providing
sports activities for Haringey residents.
Please note that we can only accept one application per club or organisation (ie not one from each team at a club). To apply, you will need to complete our simple on-line application form. Click HERE to access the form and start your application. The first time you log on, you will be asked for an email address and password, which you can then use to access your application at any time.The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 6th April 2018.
Decisions on all applications will be made in early May.